Friday 28 October 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Will, directed by Ellen Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Pixel Racing or The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 October 2011 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- A Wahhabi Islamist armed with hand grenades and an automatic weapon opens fire outside the United States embassy in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo, resulting in two people being injured, including the gunman. (AP via Google)
- The Bolshoi Theater in Moscow reopens following a six-year renovation which has restored it to its pre-revolution state. (''The Guardian'')
- Iranian actress Marzieh Vafamehr is released from jail after her sentence for acting in the banned film ''My Tehran for Sale'' is reduced. (''The Australian'')
- Electronic Arts has reportedly shipped 10 million copies of ''Battlefield 3'' since October 25, according to Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello. (GameSpot)
- The United States commemorates the 125th anniversary of the dedication of the Statue of Liberty in New York City. (''Christian Science Monitor'')
- South Korea manufacturer Samsung supersedes Apple to become the largest maker of smartphones in the world. (Reuters)
- A 6.9 magnitude earthquake strikes 51 kilometres south-west of the city of Ica in Peru at a depth of 35 km. No reports of casualties are issued. News.com.au
- The heads of government of the Commonwealth of Nations meet in the Western Australian city of Perth. (ABC News Australia)
- Leaders of the 16 countries which have the British monarch as their head of state agree to change succession laws so that sons and daughters of the monarch have equal succession rights and can marry a Roman Catholic. (''The Telegraph'')
- The trial of former Prime Minister of Croatia Ivo Sanader, which was due to begin in Zagreb, is postponed on health grounds. (BBC)
- Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak is convicted of the murder of British landscape artist Joanna Yeates and sentenced to life imprisonment. (BBC)
- Occupy London protests:
- St Paul's Cathedral re-opens to visitors after closing a week ago because Occupy London protesters had set up camp in its churchyard. (BBC)
- Nine servicemen from the Thai army are arrested on suspicion of killing 13 Chinese sailors on October 5 in a section of the Mekong River bordering Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. (Xinhua)
- Elections in Ireland:
- Michael D. Higgins wins the Irish presidential election. (''BBC News'')
- Counting also begins in the Dublin West by-election, 2011 held yesterday to elect a replacement for the late Fianna Fáil Teachta Dála (TD) and former Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan, Jnr. (''98FM'')
- The Obama administration orders an independent review of Department of Energy ampquotclean-energyampquot loans following the bankruptcy of solar energy company Solyndra. (Associated Press via Google)
- NASA launches its NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP) satellite to send back data on weather and climate conditions. (AFP via Google News)
- In basketball, the North American National Basketball Association cancels all games scheduled up until November 30, 2011 after failing to achieve a resolution of the 2011 NBA lockout with the National Basketball Players Association. (AP via NPR)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 October 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Leverkusen : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Aachen : 1 - 0
- Hansa Rostock - Cottbus : 1 - 1
- Union Berlin - St Pauli : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Arles : 3 - 0
- Chateauroux - Monaco : 2 - 1
- Clermont - Troyes : 1 - 1
- Guingamp - Angers : 1 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ascoli - Modena : 0 - 1
- Bari - Pescara : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Mrs. Right - Mindless Behavior Featuring Diggy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Tonight - Seether
- Not Again - Staind
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.02
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.05
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.01
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $27.72
- 1 CHF = 7.3651 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4108 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8696 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.805 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?