Friday October 28, 2011
US date format: 10/28/2011, UK date format: 28/10/2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see zodiac on October 28, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Will, directed by Ellen Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while In The Garden Of Beasts by Erik Larson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Atom Zombie Smasher.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 28, 2011?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- See more
- A Wahhabi Islamist armed with hand grenades and an automatic weapon opens fire outside the United States embassy in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo, resulting in two people being injured, including the gunman. (AP via Google)
- The Bolshoi Theater in Moscow reopens following a six-year renovation which has restored it to its pre-revolution state. (''The Guardian'')
- Iranian actress Marzieh Vafamehr is released from jail after her sentence for acting in the banned film ''My Tehran for Sale'' is reduced. (''The Australian'')
- Electronic Arts has reportedly shipped 10 million copies of ''Battlefield 3'' since October 25, according to Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello. (GameSpot)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 28, 2011?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Lil Wayne Featuring Drake - She Will
- Drake - Headlines
- Jay Z Kanye West - Ni**as in Paris
- Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross - That Way
- Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash - Marvin & Chardonnay
Top #5 Rock songs
- Foo Fighters - Walk
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- Bush - The Sound Of Winter
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Seether - Tonight
Top #5 Latin songs
- Romeo Santos Featuring Usher - Promise
- Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer - Give Me Everything
- Don Omar - Taboo
- Ricardo Arjona - El Amor
- Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony - Rain Over Me
Sport Games on October 28, 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Leverkusen : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Aachen : 1 - 0
- Hansa Rostock - Cottbus : 1 - 1
- Union Berlin - St Pauli : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Arles : 3 - 0
- Chateauroux - Monaco : 2 - 1
- Clermont - Troyes : 1 - 1
- Guingamp - Angers : 1 - 0
- Istres - Le Havre : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ascoli - Modena : 0 - 1
- Bari - Pescara : 0 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $80.99
- Apple AAPL: opens at $403.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.14
- General Electric GE: opens at $17.19
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $185.57
- 1 USD = 75.81 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.9917 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.8627 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.358 CNY
- 1 EUR = 107.23 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 28, 2011?
On October 28, 2011 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is October 28, 2011?
On October 28, 2011 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on October 28, 2011?
On October 28, 2011 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 28, 2011?
On October 28, 2011 the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 28, 2011?
On October 28, 2011 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.