Monday 25 August 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seinto Seiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy or The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 25 August 2003 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 August
- The Tli Cho land claims agreement is signed between the Dogrib First Nations and the Canadian federal government in Rae-Edzo (now called Behchoko).
- In Australia's One Nation Party case, it has been revealed that Federal Cabinet Minister Tony Abbott controlled ampquotslush fundsampquot which were used to lay the groundwork for party leader Pauline Hanson's prosecution, and to guarantee a private lawsuit against the party.
- The Tli Cho land claims agreement is signed in Canada's Northwest Territories. It grants the Dogrib people self-government in an area the size of Belgium.
- Pete Sampras announces his retirement from competitive tennis.
- Two Iranian intelligence officers are charged in connection with the death of Canadian photojournalist Zahra Kazemi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 August 2003
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Nurnberg - Cottbus : 2 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cardiff - Derby : 4 - 1
- Crewe - Walsall : 1 - 0
- Gillingham - Burnley : 0 - 3
- Reading - Rotherham : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Barnsley : 0 - 2
- Bournemouth - Swindon : 2 - 2
- Brentford - Oldham : 2 - 1
- Brighton - Luton : 2 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Boston - Carlisle : 1 - 0
- Bristol Rvs - Macclesfield : 2 - 2
- Bury - Lincoln : 2 - 1
- Cambridge - Hull : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?