Friday 28 September 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Marlowe in Los Angeles and Silvia Dionisio.
An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mark Saber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1951 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Christian Marlowe in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Bram - Highcliffe Manor).
- Silvia Dionisio: Rome, Italy -- Actress (Riavanti Marsh!, Amici Miei).
- Wei Chen: Canadian journalist.
- Jim Diamond: Scottish vocalist who originally started with the group, PhD.
- Dave Rajsich: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers from 1978 to 1980.
- Norton Buffalo: American singer-songwriter harmonica player producer and actor (Steve Miller Band) (d. 2009)
- Franchot Tone wed Barbara Payton
- Norm Van Brocklin of the Los Angeles Rams passes for NFL-record 554 yards.
- CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than month later.
- 20th Century Fox releases the Robert Wise science fiction film, quotThe Day the Earth Stood Stillquot.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?