Saturday 29 April 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rod McKuen and Keith Baxter (actor).
The Devil's Brother, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1933 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Rod McKuen: American composer and writer of songs and verse who doesn't call himself a poet, although his books of poems are best sellers.
- Keith Baxter (actor)
- Keith Baxter: South Wales, United Kingdom -- Actor (Barretts at Wimpole Street).
- Raymond Earl Hill: Saxophonist.
- Rod [Marvin] McKuen in Oakland: California, USA; singer/composer ("Alone", "Beatsville").
- Marc Eyskens: Belgian economist and politician.
- Frank McPherson: American mechanical, petrochemical engineer and CEO in charge of Kerr-McGee, a diversified company with interests in metals, chemicals, oil and gas.
- Willie Nelson: Country Singer.
- Ed Charles: American baseball player and coach.
- Mark Eyskens: Belgian economist and politician 61st Prime Minister of Belgium.
- Darijan Bozic: Composer.
- Constantine P Cavafy: Greek poet (Born 1863).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?