Sunday 2 April 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gyorgy Konrad and Georges Nguyen Van Loc.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1933 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Gyorgy Konrad: Hungarian Jewish author, sociologist, essayist.
- Georges Nguyen Van Loc: French policeman, actor and author.
- György Konrád: Hungarian sociologist and author.
- In a cricket test match against New Zealand, England batsman Wally Hammond scores a record 336 runs.ref name=quotCassell's Chronologyquot
- An anti-monarchist rebellion occurs in Siam (Thailand).
- First flight over Mount Everest, a British expedition, led by the Marquis of Clydesdale, and funded by Lucy, Lady Houston
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?