Friday 14 April 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morton Subotnick in Los Angeles and Buddy Knox in Happy.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1933 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Morton Subotnick in Los Angeles: California, USA; composer (Wild Bull).
- Buddy Knox in Happy: Texas, USA; rock vocalist ("Party Doll", "Lovey Dovey").
- Georges Dubœuf: French businessman, the founder of 'Les Vins Georges Duboeuf,' one of the largest and best-known wine merchants in France.
- Guido Boni: Italy sport Champion.
- Shani Wallis: Movie Actress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?