Thursday 29 August 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pim Kops and Daniel Stern.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
A King in New York, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Angry Man by Gerald Green was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1957 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Daniel Stern: Actor.
- Pim Kops: Rock musician (Dike, Bloedend Heart).
- Therese Hession: LPGA golfer.
- Jerry D Bailey: American racing jockey.
- Christian Buchet: French maritime historian.
- Jerry Bailey: American jockey and sportscaster.
- Congress passes Civil Rights Act of 1957
- US Congress passes Civil Rights Act of 1957.
- Strom Thurmond (Senator-Democrat-South Carolina) ends 24 hour filibuster against civil rights.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?