Thursday 23 December 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phoenix Nicholson .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Nine Dead, directed by Chris Shadley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing And-Kensaku or Deadliest Warrior: The Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 December 2010 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Hundreds of South Korean troops, tanks, helicopters and jet fighters gather 12 miles from the border with North Korea to stage one of South Korea's largest ever live fire military drills in a ampquotshow of forceampquot before its neighbour. North Korea describes the exercises as ampquotwarmongeringampquot, and threatens a ampquotsacred warampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations says 173 people have been killed during post-election violence in the Ivory Coast. (BBC)
- Two parcel bombs explode at the Swiss and Chilean embassies in central Rome, Italy. One person is seriously injured. Officials suspect that the perpetrators are from an Italian anarchist group. (''The Christian Science Monitor'')
- A survey indicates that almost one third of Britons believe they have a guardian angel. (Press Association via Google News)
- China offers to help eurozone countries through the debt crisis. (BBC)
- Banking giant Santander has admitted that a computer error has resulted in up to 35,000 people receiving other person's transactions details on their bank statement. (BBC)
- At least 20 people are buried by a landslide in the northern Colombian department of Santander. (Xinhua)
- China describes recent criticism of its control on the Catholic Church by the Vatican as ampquotimprudent and ungroundedampquot. (''New York Times'')
- British MPs express concerns over whether the UK is ampquotgetting value for moneyampquot from its spending on education aid money in Africa. (BBC)
- A court in Nice fines a male Algerian after convicting him of having insulted the French national flag last Tuesday. It is the first such penalty of its kind. (BBC)
- A man jumps from the balcony of the parliament building in Romania in protest at spending cuts. (''People's Daily'')
- The Greek Parliament approves sweeping cuts in its budget some Greeks disagree and protest. (BBC)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada cuts funding for settlement centres across the country, leading to the Ontario Liberals protesting the decision that will affect many new immigrants in the province. Immigration minister Jason Kenney also affirms that Santa Claus is Canadian, referring to his characteristic red and white colours. (''Calgary Herald'')
- Former MSP Tommy Sheridan is convicted of perjury following a 12-week trial at the High Court in Glasgow. He was found guilty of lying during his successful defamation case against the ''News of the World'' which had printed details of his private life. (BBC)
- The New Zealand military releases formerly classified files regarding possible UFO sightings. (''Hawke's Bay Today'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Y No Regresas - Juanes
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.18
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $92.05
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.49
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.35
- 1 CHF = 6.9297 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5852 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9492 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.675 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?