Monday August 29, 1960
US date format: 8/29/1960, UK date format: 29/8/1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see zodiac on August 29, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope John XXIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pascale Rocard and Enzo Enzo.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movie released in 1960
while The Strategy Of Peace by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling book.
On TV people were watching The Tall Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 1960?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
- Jordan Premier Hazza-el-Madjali deadly injured at bomb attack
- Hurricane Donna kills 50 people in Florida and New England.
- Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah, Sultan of Selangor and 2nd Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, dies in office. He is replaced by Tuanku Syed Putra, Raja of Perlis.
- Disgruntled railroad workers effectively halt operations of the Pennsylvania Railroad, marking the first shutdown in the company's history (the event lasts two days).
American guitarist songwriter and...
American chef and author.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 29, 1960?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 29, 1960?
On August 29, 1960 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is August 29, 1960?
On August 29, 1960 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on August 29, 1960?
On August 29, 1960 the US President was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 29, 1960?
On August 29, 1960 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on August 29, 1960?
On August 29, 1960 Pope John XXIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on August 29, 1960?
On August 29, 1960 several famous people were born including, Pascale Rocard, Enzo Enzo, Tony MacAlpine.
Which famous people died on August 29, 1960?
Famous people died on August 29, 1960 include, Alexander Gauge, Hazza el-Majali, Vicki Baum.
What was the number one song in August 29, 1960?
The number one song in the week of August 29, 1960 was It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley in US and Apache by The Shadows in UK.
What were the top hits on August 29, 1960?
The top hits on August 29, 1960 were It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley, Walk -- Don't Run by The Ventures, The Twist by Chubby Checker in US and Apache by The Shadows, Mess Of Blues by Elvis Presley, Because They're Young by Duane Eddy in UK.