Wednesday August 29, 1990
US date format: 8/29/1990, UK date format: 29/8/1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Anderson and Jakub Kosecki.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while A Natural History Of The Senses by Diane Ackerman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle Master or Die Hard.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 1990?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
- Saddam Hussein declares America can't beat Iraq.
- American C-5 transport plane crashes at Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany, killing 13.
- Sandy: Dog in the play Annie, dies at 16.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 29, 1990?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Deacon Blue - Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP)
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 29If August 29, 1990 is your birthday you're 30 years, 21 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 10 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?