Wednesday August 29, 1990US date format: 8/29/1990, UK date format: 29/8/1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Anderson and Rizzini Gomez.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Men At Work by George F. Will was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Challenge of the Dragon or Adventures in the Magic Kingdom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1990 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Nicole Anderson: American actress.
- Katie Findlay: Actress.
- Rizzini Gomez: Filipino model (d. 2015).
- Jakub Kosecki: Polish footballer.
- Patrick van Aanholt: Dutch footballer.
- Julia Vlassov: American figure skater.
- Sandy: Dog in the play Annie, dies at 16.
- Saddam Hussein declares America can't beat Iraq.
- American C-5 transport plane crashes at Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany, killing 13.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?