Wednesday 29 August 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Anderson and Rizzini Gomez.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
The Witches, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Haywire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Columns or Disney's Cartoon Arcade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1990 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Nicole Anderson: American actress.
- Rizzini Gomez: Filipino model (d. 2015).
- Jakub Kosecki: Polish footballer.
- Patrick van Aanholt: Dutch footballer.
- Julia Vlassov: American figure skater.
- Sandy: Dog in the play Annie, dies at 16.
- C-5 transport plane crashes at Ramstein AFB, Germany, killing 13
- Saddam Hussein declares America can't beat Iraq.
- American C-5 transport plane crashes at Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany, killing 13.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?