Wednesday 10 August 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include [James] Kenneth Perry and Nicoletta Braschi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini by Brian Hyland.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Time Machine, directed by George Pal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1960 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- [James] Kenneth Perry: Elizabethtown, Kentucky -- PGA golfer (1991 Memorial).
- Nicoletta Braschi: Italian actress.
- Antonio Banderas: Spanish actor who was well established as a leading man of Spanish films when he gained international attention with roles in Pedro Almodovar's "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown," 1988, and "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!" 1990.
- Annely Ojastu: Estonian sprinter and long jumper.
- Kenny Perry: American golfer.
- Discoverer 13 launched into orbit; returned first object from space.
- Nicolaas Jouwe forms PANA in New-Guinea
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- Fats Domino - Walking To New Orleans
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?