Friday 29 August 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brady Katytman and Mary McCartney.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapitän Harmsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1969 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Brady Katytman: Greece, New York -- Kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Mary McCartney: British noted family, the daughter of Paul and Linda McCartney.
- Lucero : World Music Singer.
- Joe Swail: Northern Irish snooker player.
- Joe Pepitone quits Yanks after being fined $500 for leaving the bench
- KYUS TV channel 3 in Miles City, MT (ABC / NBC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?