Saturday 23 August 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amanda Hope and Clayton Holmes.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Journey to the Far Side of the Sun, directed by Robert Parrish, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapitän Harmsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1969 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Amanda Hope: Austin, Texas -- Playmate (Jul, 1992).
- Clayton Holmes: NFL cornerback (Dallas Cowboys).
- Genevieve Brouillette: Quebec television and film actress.
- Melody Maillet: American teenager who committed suicide, along with her friend Melissa Poirier, with a 12-gauge shotgun in the bathroom of the Poirier home on 11/01/1984.
- Geneviève Brouillette: Canadian actress.
- Tinus Linee: South African rugby player and coach (d. 2014)
- Jack Lopresti: English soldier and politician
- Jeremy Schaap: American journalist and author
- Keith Tyson: English painter and illustrator
- Audrey McElmory (US) wins World Cycling Championships, Brno, Czechoslovakia (first American to win cycling race title since 1912).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 August 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- The Guess Who - Laughing
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?