Friday 15 August 1969US date format: 8/15/1969, UK date format: 15/8/1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1969). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cris Judd and Kimberley Kates.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Porcile, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Except For Me And Thee by Jessamyn West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Set 'em Up Joe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1969
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1969 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Cris Judd: American dancer and choreographer.
- Kimberley Kates
- Bernard Fanning: Australian singer-songwriter...
- Justin Broadrick
- Yancey Thigpen: NFL wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Alexander Schönburg: German journalist and writer.
- Eric Bieniemy: NFL running back (Cin Bengals).
- Christian Mixon: American actor and race car driver.
- Kevin Cheng: American-Hong Kong singer and actor.
- James Black: Regina, Saskatchewan -- NHL center...
- Mark Heese: Toronto, Ontario -- Beach volleyballer...
- Pavel Kamentsev: Hockey forward (Team Kazakhstan Olympics...
- Stijn Streuvels [F Lateur]: Flemish writer (Vlaschard), dies at 97.
- Woodstock Music and Art Fair opens in New York State (Max Yasgur's Dairy Farm).
- The Woodstock Music and Art Festival opens.
- August 18 ampndash The Woodstock Festival is held in upstate New York, featuring some of the top rock musicians of the era.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Impressions - Choice Of Colors
- James Brown - Mother Popcorn (You Got To Have A Mother For Me) Part 1
- Aretha Franklin - Share Your Love With Me
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - The Nitty Gritty
- Lou Rawls - Your Good Thing (Is About To End)
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Doggone Right
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jerry Butler - Moody Woman
- Clarence Reid - Nobody But You Babe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?