Wednesday 27 August 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kipp Vickers and Steven Van Randwijck.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapitän Harmsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1969 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Kipp Vickers: NFL guard (Indianapolis Colts).
- Steven Van Randwijck: Washington, DC -- Field hockey player (1996 Olympics).
- Jean-Cyril Robin: French road racing cyclist, who came sixth in the 1998 Tour de France.
- Elizabeth Grier: Family Member.
- Chandra Wilson: American actress.
- Cesar Millan: Mexican dog trainer
- Mark Ealham: English cricketer
- Tammy Garcia: Santa Clara Pueblo (Native American) sculptor and ceramic artist
- Reece Shearsmith: English actor producer and screenwriter
- Mike Procter hits six consecutive sixes (across two overs)
- Israeli commando force penetrates deep into Egyptian territory to stage a mortar attack on regional Egyptian Army headquarters in the Nile Valley of Upper Egypt.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?