Wednesday 13 August 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Fernandez and Midori Ito.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Restaurant, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der gemütliche Samstagabend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1969 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Alex Fernandez: Miami Beach, Florida -- Pitcher (Chicago White Sox).
- Midori Ito: Tokyo, Japan -- Ice skater (1992 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Temp Commissioner Bowie Kuhn elected for 7-year term by unanimous vote
- Baltimore Orioles' player Jim Palmer no-hits Oakland Athletics, 8-0.
- Serious border clashes occur between the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?