Monday 29 March 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurianne Deniaud and Hideaki Takizawa.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
Cat People, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Red Dragon by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tuesday Night Fights.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Operation Sabotage or Popeye.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1982!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1982 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Laurianne Deniaud: French politician, the President of the Young Socialist Movement (MJS) from November 2009 to November 2011, then national secretary of the PS, Councillor to François Hollande during the presidential election and François Lamy's chief of staff until November 2013.
- Hideaki Takizawa: Japanese actor and singer (Tackey & Tsubasa).
- Rudy Bond: Actor (Streetcar Named Desire), dies of heart attack at 68.
- Carl Orff: German composer and musical educator, who was known for his teaching of music with the aid of percussion instruments in group performances.
- Nathan Twining: American general (d. 1982).
- Walter Hallstein: German academic and politician 1st President of the European Commission (d. 1982).
- 2nd Golden Raspberry Awards: Mommie Dearest wins
- 54th Academy Awards - Chariots of Fire, Henry Fonda and K Hepburn win
- Delhi 707 beats Karnataka 705 on first innings to win Ranji Trophy.
- The Canada Act 1982 (U.K.) receives the Royal Assent from Queen Elizabeth II, setting the stage for the Queen of Canada to proclaim the Constitution Act, 1982.
- Second Golden Raspberry Awards: Mommie Dearest wins.
- The 54th Academy Awards, hosted by Johnny Carson, are held at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles, California with Chariots of Fire winning Best Picture. Henry Fonda wins Best Actor; Katharine Hepburn wins Best Actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Journey - Open Arms
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Olivia Newton-John - Make A Move On Me
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Buckner & Garcia - Pac-Man Fever
- Bertie Higgins - Key Largo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?