Tuesday March 16, 1982
US date format: 3/16/1982, UK date format: 16/3/1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 16, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Cerutti and Brian Wilson (baseball).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
The Man from Snowy River, directed by George Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Los gozos y las sombras.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sharp Shot or BurgerTime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 16, 1982?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- See more
- In Newport, Rhode Island, Claus von Bnlow is found guilty of the attempted murder of his wife.
- An Argentine scrap metal dealer raises the Argentine flag in South Georgia.
- Mary Whitehouse's private prosecution of ''The Romans in Britain'' collapses.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 16, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 16If March 16, 1982 is your birthday you're 38 years, 6 months, 10 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 18 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?