Tuesday 29 May 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Fyfe .
The Exposed Seance, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1900!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1900 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- David Fyfe: British Conservative politician, lawyer and judge who combined an industrious and precocious legal career with political ambitions that took him to the offices of Solicitor General (1945), Attorney General (1945), Home Secretary (1951-1954) and Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain (1954-1962).
- Trademark Escalator registered by Otis Elevator Company
- 25th Preakness: H Spencer aboard Hindus wins in 1:48.4.
- N'Djamena is founded as Fort-Lamy by French commander Emile Gentil
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Bird in a Gilded Cage - Steve Porter
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?