Tuesday 29 May 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 29, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Fyfe .
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 May 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1900!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1900 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- David Fyfe: British Conservative politician, lawyer and judge who combined an industrious and precocious legal career with political ambitions that took him to the offices of Solicitor General (1945), Attorney General (1945), Home Secretary (1951-1954) and Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain (1954-1962).
- Trademark Escalator registered by Otis Elevator Company
- 25th Preakness: H Spencer aboard Hindus wins in 1:48.4.
- N'Djamena is founded as Fort-Lamy by French commander Emile Gentil