Sunday 29 May 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Brooker in Essex and Francis Rossi in London.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while This I Remember by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1949 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Gary Brooker in Essex: England; rock keyboardist (Procol Harum - "A Whiter Shade of Pale", "Conquistador").
- Francis Rossi in London: England; guitarist/vocalist (Status Quo - "Down Down", "Picture of a Matchstick Man").
- Andrew Clements: Children's Author.
- Robert Axelrod: American actor and screenwriter.
- Brian Kidd: English footballer and coach.
- Candid Camera, TV comedy Variety, moves to NBC
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Peggy Lee
- Some Enchanted Evening - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?