Thursday 29 May 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Nelson in Brooklyn and V Robinson.
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1947 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Mark Nelson in Brooklyn: New York, USA; crew member (Biosphere 2).
- V Robinson: American clergy, Bishop V. Gene Robinson, is the first openly gay, non-celibate man to be elected bishop of any Christian sect in the 2,000 year history of Christianity.
- Anthony Geary: American actor.
- Joey Levine: American singer-songwriter and producer (Ohio Express and The Third Rail).
- Gene Robinson: American ecclesiastic.
- Constantino Romero: Spanish radio host and actor (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep) - Perry Como
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?