Thursday September 29, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Durant and Justin Nozuka.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Gorillas in the Mist, directed by Michael Apted, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomber Raid or Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kōkeisha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1988 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Kevin Durant: American basketball player.
- Justin Nozuka: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tegucigalpa (Honduras)
- Qwanell Mosley: R&B Singer.
- Kate Leth: Artist.
- Charles Addams: American cartoonist, the creator of gentle, ghoulish drawings that are chilling but charming, wicked without being mean-spirited.
- 26th Space Shuttle mission, Discovery 7 launched
- UN peacekeeping forces win Nobel Peace prize
- Union Station reopens in Washington DC
- NASA resumes space shuttle flights, grounded after the Challenger disaster, with the 26th Space Shuttle mission, Discovery 7. Challenger disaster, with Space Shuttle Discovery.
- Thousands riot in Algiers, Algeria against the National Liberation Front government by October 10 the army has killed and tortured about 500 people in crushing the riots.
- Chilean president Augusto Pinochet is defeated in a national plebiscite that sought to renew his mandate.
- In Omaha, Nebraska, in the only vice presidential debate of the 1988 U.S. presidential election, the Republican vice presidential nominee, Senator Dan Quayle of Indiana, insists he has as much experience in government as John F. Kennedy did when he sought the presidency in 1960. His Democratic opponent, Senator Lloyd Bentsen of Texas, replies, ampquotSenator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy.ampquot
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- Evelyn "Champagne" King - Hold On To What You've Got
- A Nightmare On My Street - D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?