Tuesday 30 August 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerhard Geisler and Pieter Willem Kee.
Die Straße, directed by Karl Grune, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1927 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Pieter Willem Kee: Composer.
- Gerhard Geisler: German crop scientist, who, from 1969 to 1992, taught at the University of Kiel.
- Geoffrey Beene: Louisiana, United States -- Dress designer (8 Coty Awards).
- Bill Daily: American actor.
- Anne Fitzalan-Howard: Duchess of Norfolk (d. 2013).
- Piet Kee: Dutch organist and composer.
- 41st US Womens Tennis: Helen Wills Moody beats Betty Nuthall (61 64)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?