Friday 12 August 1927US date format: 8/12/1927, UK date format: 12/8/1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 12, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Porter Wagoner and Mstislav Leopoldovich Rostropovich.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 August 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1927 ?
- Porter Wagoner: American singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- Mstislav Leopoldovich Rostropovich: Cellist / conductor.
- Ralph Waite in White Plains: New York, USA; actor (John - The...
- Howard Solomon: American executive and CEO of Forest...
- Wings, the only silent film to win an Oscar for best picture, opens