Thursday 4 August 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jess Thomas and Gilbert Bauvin.
Mockery, directed by Benjamin Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1927 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Jess Thomas: American teacher and operatic singer.
- Gilbert Bauvin: French road bicycle racer, professional from 1950 to 1960.
- John Dillon: American military, rear admiral.
- Peace Bridge between US and Canada is opened.