Tuesday 23 August 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Hoskyns and Allan Kaprow.
Der Bettler vom Kölner Dom, directed by Rolf Randolf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1927 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- John Hoskyns: Director-General (Institute of Directors).
- Allan Kaprow: American artist, architect and painter.
- Philippe Mestre: French politician and minister.
- Martial Solal: French jazz pianist and composer, who is probably most widely known for the music he wrote for Jean-Luc Godard's debut feature film À bout de souffle (1960).
- Dick Bruna: Dutch author and illustrator.
- Sacco and Vanzetti are executed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?