Tuesday 9 August 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario David and Daniel Keyes.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1927 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Mario David: French theatre and film actor, who died in Paris on 29 April 1996.
- Daniel Keyes: American author and academic (d. 2014).
- Robert Shaw (British actor)
- Kermit Beahan: American pilot, the bombardier on the B-29 Great Artiste that dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki, the second dropped on Japan.
- Robert Shaw: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Deep, Jaws, Sting, Black Sunday).
- Robert Malpas: English engineer and businessman.
- Marvin Minsky: American computer scientist and academic (d. 2016).