Thursday 11 August 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giancarlo Astrua and Kenneth Eastham.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1927 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Giancarlo Astrua: Italian cyclist.
- Kenneth Eastham: MP.
- Len Rempt-Halmmans de Jongh: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Raymond Leppard in London: England; conductor (Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra).
- James Eaton: Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Londonderry.
- Raymond Leppard: English harpsichord player and conductor.
- Stuart Rosenberg: American film and television director (Born 1927).
- Jean Sneyers: France sport Champion.