Sunday 14 August 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Cvitanovich and Lord Whaddon.
Underworld, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1927 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Frank Cvitanovich: Film maker.
- Lord Whaddon: CEO (Daltrade & Skorimpex-Rind).
- Roger Carel: French actor and voice talent, best known for his recurring film roles as Asterix, the French voice of "Star Wars"' C3PO and the French voice of Winnie the Pooh.
- Frank Luerssen: American metallurgical engineer and CEO of Inland Steel Industries, a steel manufacturer.
- Agostino Coletto: Italy sport Champion.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?