Sunday 14 August 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Carel and Lord Whaddon.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1927 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Roger Carel: French actor and voice talent, best known for his recurring film roles as Asterix, the French voice of "Star Wars"' C3PO and the French voice of Winnie the Pooh.
- Frank Cvitanovich: Film maker.
- Lord Whaddon: CEO (Daltrade & Skorimpex-Rind).
- Frank Luerssen: American metallurgical engineer and CEO of Inland Steel Industries, a steel manufacturer.
- Agostino Coletto: Italy sport Champion.