Friday 30 December 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 30, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Hossein and M Lawrence.
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1927 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Robert Hossein: French film actor, director, and writer of Azerbaijani and Jewish origin.
- M Lawrence: Antouin; college president (Emeritis).
- Bernard Barrow in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ryan's Hope, Louie Slavinsky - Loving).
- Bernard Barrow: American actor and educator (d. 1993).
- Japan dedicates first subway in the Orient (route under two miles long).
- The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
- The first Japanese commuter metro line, the Ginza Line in Tokyo, opens.
- The ''British Broadcasting Corporation'' is granted a Royal Charter of Incorporation.
- Harold Stephen Black invents the feedback amplifier.
- The Voluntary Committee of Lawyers is founded to bring about the repeal of prohibition of alcohol in United States.
- World population reaches two billion.
- In Britain, 1,000 people a week die from an influenza epidemic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers