Friday 30 December 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Hossein and M Lawrence.
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1927 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Robert Hossein: French film actor, director, and writer of Azerbaijani and Jewish origin.
- M Lawrence: Antouin; college president (Emeritis).
- Bernard Barrow in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ryan's Hope, Louie Slavinsky - Loving).
- Bernard Barrow: American actor and educator (d. 1993).
- Japan dedicates first subway in the Orient (route under two miles long).
- The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
- The first Japanese commuter metro line, the Ginza Line in Tokyo, opens.
- The ''British Broadcasting Corporation'' is granted a Royal Charter of Incorporation.
- Harold Stephen Black invents the feedback amplifier.
- The Voluntary Committee of Lawyers is founded to bring about the repeal of prohibition of alcohol in United States.
- World population reaches two billion.
- In Britain, 1,000 people a week die from an influenza epidemic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers