Friday 30 December 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M Lawrence and Bernard Barrow in New York City.
The Circus, directed by Charlie Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Lost Ecstasy by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1927 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- M Lawrence: Antouin; college president (Emeritis).
- Bernard Barrow in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ryan's Hope, Louie Slavinsky - Loving).
- Robert Hossein: French film actor, director, and writer of Azerbaijani and Jewish origin.
- Bernard Barrow: American actor and educator (d. 1993).
- Japan dedicates first subway in the Orient (route under two miles long).
- The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
- The first Japanese commuter metro line, the Ginza Line in Tokyo, opens.
- The ''British Broadcasting Corporation'' is granted a Royal Charter of Incorporation.
- Harold Stephen Black invents the feedback amplifier.
- The Voluntary Committee of Lawyers is founded to bring about the repeal of prohibition of alcohol in United States.
- World population reaches two billion.
- In Britain, 1,000 people a week die from an influenza epidemic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dancing Tambourine - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi - Gene Austin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?