Friday 15 June 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luke Hodge and Tim Lincecum.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
The Karate Kid, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Slayer or Mr. Kougar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1984 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Luke Hodge: Australian Rules Footballer.
- Tim Lincecum: American baseball player.
- Wayne Sermon: Guitarist.
- Eva Hrdinová: Czech tennis player.
- Mauro Rizzo: Italian footballer.
- Edison Toloza: Colombian footballer
- Thicke Of The Night, TV Talk Show last airs in syndication
- Vitesse soccer team forms in Arnhem
- Thomas Hearns knocks out Roberto Duran.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Madonna - Borderline
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?