Thursday 30 June 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brendon James and Cheryl Cole.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Class, directed by Lewis John Carlino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Konsul Möllers Erben.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Keystone Kapers or Knights of the Desert.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1983 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Brendon James: British drummer (Thirteen Senses).
- Cheryl Cole: English singer, songwriter, and television personality, she appeared on a reality television series in 2002 and rose to fame as a member of the group Girls Aloud.
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini: Pop Singer.
- James Shelley: Guitarist.
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw: TV Actress.
- Cole Swindell: Country Singer
- Marcus Burghardt: German cyclist
- Marlin Jackson: American football player
- Katherine Ryan: Canadian-English actress
- Patrick Wolf: English singer-songwriter
- Total loss of coolant at Embalse nuclear power plant, Argentina. It was classified as an Accident With Local Consequences ampndash level 4 at the International Nuclear Event Scale
- A North Korean Ilyushin Il-62M jet, en route to Conakry Airport in Guinea, crashes into the Fouta Djall Mountains in Guinea-Bissau, killing all 23 people on board.
- The High Court of Australia blocks construction of the Franklin Dam in Tasmania.
- Technical failure causes release of Iodine-131 from Philippsburg Nuclear Power Plant, Germany
- Nintendo's Family Computer, also known as the Famicom, goes on sale in Japan.
- The Orly airport attack in Paris leaves 8 dead and 55 injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Tubes - She's A Beauty
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?