Saturday 9 June 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wesley Sneijder and Aruni Kashyap.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Gremlins, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Witches Of Eastwick by John Updike was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomb Jack or Cybertron Mission.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1984!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 June 1984 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Wesley Sneijder: Soccer Player.
- Aruni Kashyap: Indian poet.
- Rafi Fine: YouTube Star.
- Yulieski Gourriel: Cuban baseball player.
- Kaleth Morales: Colombian vallenato singer and songwriter (d. 2005).
- Jake Newton: Guyanese footballer.
- Asko Paade: Estonian basketball player.
- Masoud Shojaei: Iranian football player.
- Laserphonic Fantasy premieres
- 116th Belmont: Laffit Pincay Jr aboard Swale wins in 2:27.2
- 54th French Womens Tennis: Martina Navratilova beats C Evert (63 61)
- Donald Duck and Clarence Nash (original voice of Donald Duck) lead a ticker-tape parade through Disneyland, celebrating 50 years since Donald Duck's film debut in The Wise Little Hen.
- Weird Al Yankovic gives a live performance at Starlight Amphitheater
- NASA launches Intelsat V, it fails.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Irene Cara - Breakdance
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?