Wednesday 6 June 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shannon Stewart and Jason Trusnik.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Top Secret!, directed by Jim Abrahams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bruce Lee or Magical Tree.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1984 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Shannon Stewart: American model.
- Jason Trusnik: American football player.
- Foxx : Rapper.
- Leyla Naghizada: Business Executive.
- ByeAlex : Hungarian singer-songwriter and journalist.
- Noor Sabri: Iraqi footballer
- 1,200 die in Sikh Golden Temple uprising India
- The Indian Army attacks the Golden Temple in Amritsar following an order from Indira Gandhi. Official casualties are 576 combatants killed and 335 wounded; independent observers estimate that thousands of unarmed Sikh civilians are also killed in the crossfire. A total death count adds up to almost 6,000.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Irene Cara - Breakdance
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?