Thursday 30 September 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
An Invisible Sign, directed by Marilyn Agrelo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Room by Emma Donoghue was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clone Wars Adventures or Black Rock Shooter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 30 September 2010 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 September
- North Korea releases the first official image of Kim Jong-il's son, Kim Jong-un. (AFP)
- Three paramilitary soldiers of the Pakistani Armed Forces are killed and three wounded when NATO helicopters strike a border checkpoint in the Kurram Agency tribal area. Pakistan responds by closing an important supply route that runs through its territory. Interior Minister Rehman Malik announces a high-level meeting to discuss NATO violations of Pakistani sovereignty. (Bernama via ''Malaysian Digest'')
- An explosion rocks Taliban birthplace Kandahar in southern Afghanistan on Thursday, wounding eight people. (Xinhua)
- Two policemen and a civilian are killed and four others wounded in a failed bank robbery in southern Baghdad. (Xinhua)
- 2010 Ecuador crisis
- A state of emergency is declared in Ecuador after troops storm the international airport and police storm the Congress, in which the government declared was an attempted coup d'état. (''The Telegraph'')
- President Rafael Correa is injured and Peru and Colombia close their border with the country. (''Euronews'')
- The Ecuadorian Army rescues President Correa from hospital where he was being held by rebel troops. (CNN)
- US actor Tony Curtis, who appeared in more than 100 films including ''Some Like It Hot'' and ''The Defiant Ones'', dies in Henderson, Nevada. (''People'')
- The International Monetary Fund calls for tighter regulation of credit rating agencies. (BBC)
- Two earthquakes occur off the coast of West Papua in Indonesia of 6.2 and 7.2 in magnitude. (AFP via Google)
- Three Japanese mountain climbers and a guide go missing in Nepal after attempting to climb the Himalayan mountain Dhaulagiri. (AFP via Google News)
- Heavy rain from former Tropical Storm Nicole causes flooding the US states of North Carolina and Virginia and delays in airline flights on the east coast. (CNN)
- The United States imposes sanctions on a Swiss-based Iranian oil company, the Naftiran Inter-trade Company. (VOA)
- The first inter-Korean military talks between North and South Korea in two years end without progress. (Xinhua)
- China and the United States officially resume military ties after a 10-month break following US arms sales to Taiwan, with the two countries emphasizing the importance of a close military dialogue. The two countries will also confer on maritime issues next month. (BBC)
- Three Japanese employees of Fujita Corporation detained by China for allegedly intruding in a restricted area in Hebei Province are released while a fourth remains in custody. (Reuters)
- Argentina grants asylum to the Chilean former leftist guerrilla Galvarino Apablaza, who has been charged in Chile with assassinating a senator, despite the Chilean government's request to extradite him. (''Buenos Aires Herald'')
- 58 people, including 34 former government officials, are given sentences in China over a deadly landslide at an illegal iron ore mine that killed 277 people in 2008. (Sify India)
- Somali pirates seize a Panamanian-flagged ship with 15 Indian crewmen on board, off the coast of Tanzania. (Emirates 24/7)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Love The Way You Lie - Eminem Featuring Rihanna
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Pedro Fernandez - Amarte A La Antigua
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?