Saturday September 30, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 30, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jordan Taylor and Joe Anglim.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli.
In UK That's What I Like by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
The Legendary Life of Ernest Hemingway, directed by José María Sánchez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All by Allan Gurganus was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gigandes or The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1989 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jordan Taylor: Basketball Player.
- Joe Anglim: Reality Star.
- Alex Mandel: YouTube Star.
- André Weis: German footballer.
- Virgil Thomson: American musician, considered one of the masters of American music criticisms and composer of the only film score ever awarded a Pulitzer Prize.
- Senegambia separates back into Gambia and Senegal
- Toronto Blue Jays wins AL East title
- NASA closes down tracking stations in Hawaii and Ascension.
- Nearly 7,000 East Germans who had come to Prague on special refugee trains are allowed to leave for the West.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- After 7 - Heat Of The Moment
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Regina Belle - Baby Come To Me
- D'atra Hicks - Sweet Talk
- The Jacksons - 2300 Jackson Street
- Christopher Williams - Talk To Myself
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Ricardo Montaner - A Donde Va El Amor
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?