Tuesday 31 March 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Langlois and Michel Penglaou.
Whirlpool of Fate, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1925!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1925 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Pierre Langlois: French boxing champion, he died on March 31, 1972 in France, age 47.
- Michel Penglaou: Nantes Painters.
- Jean Coutu: Canadian actor and director (d. 1999).
- WOWO-AM, Ft Wayne Indiana begins radio transmission (500 watts)
- Radio station ''WOWO'' in Ft. Wayne, Indiana begins broadcasting.
- AprilndashOctober ndash ''Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes'' in Paris, giving a name to the Art Deco style.
- Frank Heath and his horse ''Gypsy Queen'' leave Washington, D.C. to begin a two-year journey to visit all 48 states.
- Patent and Trademark Office transferred to the Department of Commerce.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Eyed Sally - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?