January 1932 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1932.
The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1932: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1932?
- 01 Jan 1932 Jacob Cocey Sr chosen as Mayor of Massillon Ohio
- 02 Jan 1932 Young gang shoots dead six police in Springfield, Missouri.
- 03 Jan 1932 Martial law is declared in Honduras to stop revolt by banana workers fired by United Fruit.
- 04 Jan 1932 Bradman scores 167 for Australia vs. South Africa at the MCG
- 08 Jan 1932 Ratification of present SF City Charter
- 10 Jan 1932 Mickey Mouse andSilly Symphony comics syndicated
- 12 Jan 1932 Hattie W Caraway elected 1st woman senator
- 14 Jan 1932 Horse racing legend Eddie Arcaro won his 1st race
- 19 Jan 1932 Charlie Conacher becomes first Toronto Maple Leafs' player to score five goals in a game, the first coming at 7 seconds of the game.
- 21 Jan 1932 USSR and Finland stop non-attack treaty
- 22 Jan 1932 British Anglicans and Old-Catholic church merge.
- 23 Jan 1932 El Salvador army kills 4,000 protesting farmers.
- 25 Jan 1932 Bradman scores 167 NSW vs. Victoria, 224 mins, 22 fours
- 26 Jan 1932 British submarine M-2 sinks in Channel
- 28 Jan 1932 First US state unemployment insurance act enacted, in Wisconsin.
- 31 Jan 1932 US railway unions accept 10 percent wage reduction.
Italian teacher and writer, an essayist and researcher, whose 1980 novel, "Name of the Rose," was made into a 1986 film.
Zoologist (Gorillas in the Mist), murdered at 53.
French historian and writer of historical accounts and historical fiction and a journalist.
United States -- Sci-fi author (Trick Top Hat).
- See more
Composer, dies at 75.
Dutch actor (Bright Paradise), dies at 60.
British writer (Born 1880).
British biographer/critic, dies at age 51.
- See more