Friday 15 January 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Smith and Enrique Raxach.
Prestige, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching William Searle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1932!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1932 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Dean Smith: US actor / relay runner (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Enrique Raxach: Composer.
- Louis Woodard Jones: New Rochelle, New York -- 4X400m relayer (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- René Delville: French criminal, a murderer and thief sentenced to death and executed.
- Lou Jones: American sprinter (d. 2006).
- Georg Kerschensteiner: German educational theorist and reformer who was a leader in the growth of vocational education in Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?