Tuesday 19 January 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Schmidt and George MacBeth.
Taxi!, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching William Searle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1932!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1932 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Joe Schmidt: NFL Hall of Fame linebacker (Detroit Lions).
- George MacBeth: Scottish poet and novelist.
- François Maspero: French author and journalist, best known as a publisher of leftist books in the 1970s.
- Russ Hamilton: English singer-songwriter (d. 2008).
- Richard Lester: American-English director producer and screenwriter.
- Harry Lonsdale: American chemist businessman and politician (d. 2014)
- Charlie Conacher becomes first Toronto Maple Leafs' player to score five goals in a game, the first coming at 7 seconds of the game.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?