Tuesday 12 January 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Teister and Tzeni Karezi.
Forbidden, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching William Searle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1932!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1932 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Alain Teister: Dutch sculptor / writer.
- Tzeni Karezi: Greek actress (d. 1992).
- Ginette Jany: French swimming champion she was on the Olympics team in the 1956 games in Melbourne, Australia.
- Des O'Connor: English comedian singer and television host.
- Hattie W Caraway elected 1st woman senator (D-Ark)
- Hattie W. Caraway becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?