June 1909 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in June 1909.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on June 1909: find out below
Which were the important events of June 1909?
- 01 Jun 1909 (to October 16) The Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition is held in Seattle, Washington.
- 02 Jun 1909 43rd Belmont: Eddie Dugan aboard Joe Madden wins in 2:21.6
- 07 Jun 1909 Cleveland Industrial Exposition opens.
- 12 Jun 1909 Shine On, Harvest Moon by Ada Jones and Billy Murray hits #1
- 15 Jun 1909 Representatives from England, Australia and South Africa meet at Lord's and form the Imperial Cricket Conference.
- 16 Jun 1909 Jim Thorpe makes his pro baseball pitching debut for Rocky Mount (ECL) with 4-2 win, this will cause him to forfeit his Olympic medals
- 18 Jun 1909 Nannie Burroughs forms national training School for Women
- 20 Jun 1909 1st balloon honeymoon (Roger Burham & Eleanor Waring)
- 23 Jun 1909 Confessional parties win Dutch parliamentary elections
- 24 Jun 1909 15th US Golf Open: George Sargent shoots a 290 at Englewood Golf Club - New Jersey
- 25 Jun 1909 George Sargent wins US Open golf tournament
- 26 Jun 1909 23rd US Womens Tennis: H Hotchkiss beats Maud Barger-Wallach (60 61)
- 27 Jun 1909 23rd US Womens Tennis: Hazel H Wightman beats M Barger-Wallach (60 61)
- 30 Jun 1909 Jack Johnson fights Tony Ross to no decision in 6 for hw boxing title
French historian, medievalist, known for...
British-American actress, noted on stage...
- See more
Which were the top hits in June 1909?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - I'm Looking for a Sweetheart and I Think You'll Do
- Byron G. Harlan - Schoolmates
- Frank Stanley & Henry Burr - Shine On, Harvest Moon
- Will Oakland - Silver Threads Among the Gold
- Bob Roberts - Shine On, Harvest Moon