Tuesday 1 June 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Szymon Goldberg and Hans Vogt.
The Moonstone, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1909 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Szymon Goldberg: Polish / US violinist / conductor (Netherlands Chamber Orchestra).
- Hans Vogt: Norwegian linguist (d. 1986).
- Yechezkel Kutscher: Slovakian-born Israeli philologist and Hebrew linguist (d. 1971).
- Giuseppe Martucci: Italian pianist composer and conductor (d. 1909).
- (to October 16) The Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition is held in Seattle, Washington.