Thursday 17 June 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Régine Pernoud and Ralph E Winters.
Never Again, directed by Not specifed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1909 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Régine Pernoud: French historian, medievalist, known for writing extensively about Joan of Arc.
- Ralph E Winters: Canadian film editor (d. 2004).
- Henri Lemoine: France sport Champion.
- R?gine Pernoud: Ch?teau-Chinon EXecutives.
- Elmer Lee Andersen: Governor of Minnesota (d. 2004).
- Elmer Andersen: American businessman and politician 30th Governor of Minnesota (d. 2004).
- Ralph Winters: Canadian-American film editor (d. 2004).
- Andr? Varay: Annecy physician.
- Pierre Chevigné: French resistance fighter, a colonel in World War II, and later a politician, who was a Minister of Defence in the Fourth Republic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Schoolmates - Byron G. Harlan