Thursday 17 June 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Régine Pernoud and Ralph E Winters.
Le printemps - Épisode 4: Les jeux et les ris - Floréal, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1909 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Régine Pernoud: French historian, medievalist, known for writing extensively about Joan of Arc.
- Ralph E Winters: Canadian film editor (d. 2004).
- Pierre Chevigné: French resistance fighter, a colonel in World War II, and later a politician, who was a Minister of Defence in the Fourth Republic.
- Henri Lemoine: France sport Champion.
- R?gine Pernoud: Ch?teau-Chinon EXecutives.
- Andr? Varay: Annecy physician.
- Elmer Andersen: American businessman and politician 30th Governor of Minnesota (d. 2004).
- Ralph Winters: Canadian-American film editor (d. 2004).
- Elmer Lee Andersen: Governor of Minnesota (d. 2004).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?