Sunday 27 June 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eduard Deisenhofer and Billy Curtis.
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1909 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Eduard Deisenhofer: German Nazi officer and commander in the German Waffen-SS who served with several combat divisions on both the eastern and western fronts, earning several high grade distinctions, such as the Close Combat Clasp, and the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
- Billy Curtis: American actor and stuntman (d. 1988).
- 23rd US Womens Tennis: Hazel H Wightman beats M Barger-Wallach (60 61)
- Etten-Leur 1st airplane flight in the Netherlands (Belg count De Lambert)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Bob Roberts
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?