Wednesday 2 June 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Orr .
The Moonstone, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1909 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Robin Orr: Scottish musician and composer.
- 43rd Belmont: Eddie Dugan aboard Joe Madden wins in 2:21.6
- Alfred Deakin becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the third time.