Wednesday 2 June 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Orr .
Only a Tramp, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1909 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Robin Orr: Scottish musician and composer.
- 43rd Belmont: Eddie Dugan aboard Joe Madden wins in 2:21.6
- Alfred Deakin becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the third time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Meet Me in Rose-Time, Rosie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- American Ragtime - Billy Murray
- Softly and Tenderly - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?