Tuesday 22 June 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Todd [Avrom Goldbogen] and Maurice Adler.
Le printemps - Épisode 3: La becquée - Dans les vergers, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1909 ?
- Mike Todd [Avrom Goldbogen]: US director (80 days).
- Maurice Adler: American film producer (d. 1960).
- Beatriz de Borbón: Spanish royalty, a daughter of King Alfonso XIII of Spain and Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg.
- Enrique Camino Brent: Peruvian painter of the indigenous movement.
- Philippe Seringe: Meudon physician.
- Katherine Dunham: Dancer / choreographer (Casbah, Stormy Weather)
- Mike Todd: American producer and manager (d. 1958)
- Detlev [Freiherr Friedrich A von] Liliencron: German poet, dies at 65.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Schoolmates - Byron G. Harlan
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?