Wednesday 23 June 1909US date format: 6/23/1909, UK date format: 23/6/1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Rouquier and Michael Todd.
Psyche, directed by Posing Productions, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1909 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Georges Rouquier: French filmmaker whose first full-length film, "Farrebique," won numerous awards.
- Mike Todd: Producer.
- Michael Todd: Producer.
- Jean Lauffray: French archeologist, who originally trained as an architect.
- Ren? Couteaux: St Amand les Eaux physician.
- David Lewis: Russian-Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1981).
- Confessional parties win Dutch parliamentary elections
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Bob Roberts
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Will Oakland