Monday 28 June 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arnold Shaw and French van Immerseel.
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1909 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Arnold Shaw: Composer.
- French van Immerseel: Belgian graphic artist.
- Henri Coutet: French actor, who appeared in more than 100 films and TV movies or episodes of TV series between 1943 and 1984.
- Henry Coutet: France Actor.
- Eric Ambler: London, England -- Suspense writer (Epitaph for a Spy).
- Israel Durham: Philadelphia Phillies' president dies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Bob Roberts
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?