Wednesday 16 June 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre de Chevigné and Archie Fairley Carr.
Between Love and Honor, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1909 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Pierre de Chevigné
- Willi Boskovsky: Austria -- Conductor (new years concert).
- Archie Fairley Carr: American biologist (d. 1987).
- de Chevigne: Toulon Military man.
- Charles Renon: Vernon Military man.
- Archie Carr: American ecologist and zoologist (d. 1987).
- 1st US airplane sold commercially, by Glenn Curtiss for $5,000
- Jim Thorpe makes his pro baseball pitching debut for Rocky Mount (ECL) with 4-2 win, this will cause him to forfeit his Olympic medals
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Schoolmates - Byron G. Harlan